Bindings on the mode-line

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Bindings on the mode-line
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:57:03 +1200

Now that mouse-sensitive parts of the mode line look more like buttons, how
about moving mode-line-toggle-read-only, mode-line-toggle-modified et al from
mouse-3 to mouse-1?  This helps preserve the idiom of mouse-3 for context
menus.  I realise that there is no mouse face on text terminals but earlier
this year we decided to turn mouse functionality there off by default (for
xterms), so inadvertant activation is less likely.

Nick