Bug in window resizing?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Bug in window resizing?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:17:13 +0200

While trying to finish a new version of balance-windows I discovered what seems to be a bug: When I try to resize a window by dragging the lower border the upper border of this window is instead moved.

This looks very weird and unexpected so I would be glad for confirmation of the behaviour by others. Do the following:

 emacs -Q
 C-x 2, C-x 3, C-x 2

You should then arrive at a window geometry something like this (view with fixed char width):

+-------------+-----------+
+-moves down--+           +

The strange thing is that when I try to drag the border marked with "drag up" this border does not move, but the border above moves down. (It seems like this does not only happen while dragging, but this is the most easy way to demonstrate it.)

This happens to me on w32 with CVS Emacs built 2005-09-03. I have applied some patches to the C sources, but none that I would believe could influence this.