Re: Shall we use etc/images more?

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Shall we use etc/images more?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:28:24 +0900

> + (defvar image-load-path
> +   (list (concat data-directory "images/") data-directory 'load-path)
> +   "List of locations in which to search for image files.
> + If an element is a string, it defines a directory to search.
> + If an element is a variable symbol, the value of that variable is
> + used as a list of directories to search.")

It would be better to use the symbol `data-directory' rather
than its value there.  It is because some programs, e.g., Gnus,
bind the value of `data-directory' when finding image files.  It
also requires changing of the `image-search-load-path' function.

I've changed Gnus in cvs.gnus.org so as to bind `image-load-path'
too, though.