defvars at compile time

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: defvars at compile time
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:48:35 +0200

(A little comment regarding recent changes by Carsten Dominik to the
reftex*.el files.)

I've seen that, as part of your changes, you've moved some defvar's I
added, wrapping them inside `eval-when-compile'. I much *prefer* that,
I dislike them at top level when they're not really defining a
variable, just silencing the byte-compiler. That's what I'd do on my
own modules.

However, I put them at top level (not the reftex*.el variables, but in
general) because Richard specifically asked me to do so. I'm not sure
whether it is Emacs policy, coding guidelines or a personal
preference, though.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u