Re: CVS HEAD currently broken on OSX

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD currently broken on OSX
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:15:31 +0300

> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:21:22 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> CC: "Randal L. Schwartz" <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>
> Perhaps this change has caused xmenu.c to be compiled when it shouldn't be.
>

> 2005-09-15  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>
>
>     * Makefile.in (XMENU_OBJ): Variable deleted.
>     (obj): Use xmenu.o unconditionally.
>     (SOME_MACHINE_OBJECTS): Delete xmenu.o.
>
>     * emacs.c (main): Don't conditionalize syms_of_xmenu on HAVE_XMENU.

It is quite clear that this change broke OSX, but I don't want to
revert it, because Richard was solving a problem (keyboard shortcuts
not displayed in tmm-menu in non-X builds).  I want to find a way to
fix OSX without breaking the other platforms and without taking out
keyboard shortcuts in tmm-menu.