Re: Argument names in Elisp Reference vs docstrings

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Argument names in Elisp Reference vs docstrings
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:31:21 -0400

    I would think that plural would be OK for any plural entity (i.e. collection
    ;-)). (The function case is a bit exceptional, or indirect - it is
    essentially an iterator that generates the elements of a plural entity.)

Sorry, you haven't changed my mind about it.  We can use `collection'
if we can't find something better, but it isn't very good.

    I don't have time to check the guidelines right now, but shouldn't a boolean
    argument's name end in "-p"? That is, wouldn't "must-match-p" be
    conventional (and clearer)?

No.  The `-p' convention is for functions (predicates) only.