Re: support for rxvt-unicode in rxvt.el

From: Emanuele Giaquinta
Subject: Re: support for rxvt-unicode in rxvt.el
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:43:45 +0200

On 9/21/05, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> If these are all the changes you need, then probably you don't need a
> new term/rxvt-unicode.el file.

In fact this is a patch to rxvt.el.

> The up, down, right and left key should be set from the rxvt-unicode terminfo
> entry, so you don't need those define-keys. So if you just add the
> color setting code to rxvt.el then everything should work. Can you
> verify that the above is indeed true?
> IMHO it is better to avoid code duplication...

I perfectly agree with you here; I've already tested it without
defining the sequences for the cursor keys, and, as expected, emacs
gets them from the terminfo entry.  I have added them only for
simmetry with the existing code in rxvt.el and xterm.el.  If there is
no good reason, the existing definitions for the cursor keys in
rxvt.el and xterm.el could be deleted.