Re: Patch: Follow convention for reading with the minibuffer.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Patch: Follow convention for reading with the minibuffer.
Date: 24 Sep 2005 18:09:52 -0400

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Also note that your changes used spaces in files that were otherwise
> indented with tabs, I reindented those.  We usually use tabs in Emacs
> Lisp files.

the elisp (and other) code i maintain never uses tabs for indentation,
accomplished primarily by setting `indent-tabs-mode' to nil.  when i
edit code that uses tabs for indentation, i leave the part not relevant
to the edit alone but take no extra steps to use tabs for the part that
i'm editing.  i wasn't aware of any convention that contradicts this
practice and no one has complained about it.  am i missing something?

thi