Re: TUTORIAL.cn Review

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: TUTORIAL.cn Review
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:19:21 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Sun Yijiang <address@hidden> writes:

> There's a little problem, the text is not seemed to be "auto-filled" by
> Emacs, but handily filled. What fill-column should I use?

I think the default value 70 is good.  But, it is ok to use
more or fewer columns at some places if that improves the
readability.  For instance, see this part of TUTORIAL.

>> Move into the line with C-f's and then up with C-p's.
   See what C-p does when the cursor is in the middle of the line.

If it is filled, it should look like this:

>> Move into the line with C-f's and then up with C-p's.  See what C-p
   does when the cursor is in the middle of the line.

But I think the original one is better.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden