Re: Toolbar patch (OS X)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Toolbar patch (OS X)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:43:58 +0900

>> I'm attaching a patch which enables the toolbar button in the upper
>> right corner of each frame. This button is standard in OS X
>> applications and allows users to switch the toolbar on and off per
>> frame. The actual tool-bar switching functionality is already
>> present (frame parameter tool-bar-lines), here I'm just enabling
>> the button and its event-handling.

>> This has been in use in a couple of Aquamacs versions (>1500 users
>> currently), and the Japanese Carbon Emacs Package is using it too.

> I haven't looked at the code, but the functionality would be
> welcome.

One thing I'm concerned about is whether TOGGLE_TOOLBAR_EVENT deserves
a new constant in `enum event_kind' (in termhooks.h) or not.  Likewise
for `toggle-frame-toolbar' as a top-level Lisp event.  Are there any
guidelines about addition of new event kinds?  Once Kim F. Storm
suggested the `title-bar' prefix.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-05/msg00780.html

And as a general note, please enclose Mac OS X specific parts in
macfns.c and macterm.c with `#ifdef MAC_OSX' because these files are
also used by Mac OS Classic.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden