Re: Free modifier key assignment (OS X)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Free modifier key assignment (OS X)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:01:21 +0100

On 27 Sep 2005, at 04:45, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

   In particular, the option key works as the real option key if and
   only if it isn't mapped to any Emacs modifiers.  (I.e., don't
   introduce the variable `mac-pass-option-to-system'.)

   Then the conditionals becomes much simpler.  Note that this code is
   based on the current definition of macCtrlKey/macMetaKey/macAltKey.

I like this.
Can we drop support for mac-command-key-is-meta, mac-pass-command-to- system, mac-reverse-ctrl-meta? I understand these variables haven't appeared in any release yet. It would be good to get this right before committing to them in the upcoming release.