Re: lua mode

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: lua mode
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:35:56 +0200

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:58:39PM -0400, Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     Lua is a ``small language'' [...]
> Is Lua mode a mode for editing programs written in Lua?
> (The answer to that question is not self-evident.)

Yes, I was unclear, sorry. Christian answered already to that.

> If so, the only question is whether it is used widely
> enough to make it desirable to include the code in Emacs.

I can't quantify that. Lua is a nice language, wich I discovered for
teaching (combined with a nifty game which is wonderfully hackable it
makes for a very powerful motivator, but I disgress ;-).

Just for trivia: Freshmeat (a kind of directory of mostly free
programming projects) lists 16 projects using Lua (7668 in C, 46 in AWK,
23 in Forth, 13 in Pike, as random points of comparison). But don't
take those numbers very seriously.

Regards
-- tomas