Re: Using GNOME stock icons

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Using GNOME stock icons
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:10:47 -0400

    is it possible to use GNOME icons in Emacs or do we need a copyright
    assignment?  I ask because I'd like to replace[1] the current Gnus
    tool bar icons with some nicer icons from the default GNOME icon
    theme.

    [1] Or at least make it customizable.

We could use the icons, on the same basis that we use some free
libraries that are not copyright FSF.  However, that is not the
only possibility.  Another is to use them if GNOME is installed.

Could you say more specifically what "customizable" means?