emacs on mlterm

From: Eythan Weg
Subject: emacs on mlterm
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:42:47 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to use a recent cvs emacs on mlterm, a
terminal with bidi support.  It works reasonably
well as long as no use is made of combining Hebrew
characters with diacritical marks (which is a
feature of mlterm).  When combining is permitted,
the cursor position becomes somewhat erratic.  It
stays on the line but often moves too far
ahead. It seems not to completely update the
screen while typing.  It helps somewhat to refresh
the screen.

Since mlterm supports xterm emulation I use
xterm-mouse-mode, but moving the cursor with mouse
is not precise on lines with Hebrew characters.

I start emacs in he_IL.UTF8 language locale, and
set emacs to use UTF8 language environment.
Mlterm works very well with nano and vim.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

eythan weg