Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: The MH-E repository

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: The MH-E repository
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:49:08 -0700

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 09:13:37AM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
> > Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > As a work-around, you could have it send to an alias (I mean one in
> > > /etc/aliases or equivalent) which in turn just forwards to both lists.
> >
> > That's true. What might be a better alternative is that I could (and
> > probably should) set up an mh-e-commits mailing list. I'd add
> > emacs-commits to that list.
> >
> > At first I thought that the Emacs folks would not really be interested
> > in seeing the MH-E commits, but perhaps that would not be the case.
> >
> > However, if the Emacs maintainers don't even *want* to have an
> > emacs-commits mailing list, then this is a moot point. Do they?
>
> The FSF set up an anti-spam rule that block mail "from AND to mailing
> lists" :/
>
> However I/Miles/... should be able to setup an alias at fencepost :)
> Indeed.
>
> Please tell me what you decide (whether commits should go to both
> mailing lists or only mh-e-devel).

Sylvain,

It's time to proceed with this. But first, a couple of quick questions.

I have not been able to find (your version of) the log_accum.pl script
to confirm, but the following email implies that we might be able to say
-m emacs-commit -m mh-e-devel on the command line:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2001-11/msg01079.html

Then there's the question of the -D option as well.

Also, is there an option to generate unified diffs instead of context
diffs? With large hunks, it's impossible to compare the changes in
context diffs.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD