Re: show-buffer-local-variables

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: show-buffer-local-variables
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:26:18 -0400

    I noticed this entry in emacs/etc/TODO:

    ** Add a command to make a local variables list in the current buffer
    and/or add a variable to the list.

    I recently wrote a function that does the former, if I understand the
    entry correctly.

No, it is a misunderstanding.  A local variables list is text
at the end of the file.

I don't see much relationship between this command and that TODO item,
but it might make a useful C-h command.  It would need some adaptation
to be fully coherent with the rest of the C-h commands, and we'd need
legal papers for it of course.