Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:25:14 -0400

    I didn't see the original, but I strongly disagree that 10 seconds is
    too long for reading a potentially long message in a tooltip. As long
    as the user is not using the keyboard or mouse, what harm is there in
    continuing to display the tooltip?

I often find that tooltips hide something useful.
That is with window manager tooltips, not Emacs tooltips;
I run Emacs on a console, so I don't often run into Emacs tooltips.
However, if people have similr experiences with Emacs tooltips,
that would be a good reason for them to disappear.