Re: new version of allout.el - patch and ChangeLog

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: new version of allout.el - patch and ChangeLog
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:48:23 +0200

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 12:28:17PM -0400, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> I emerged it and got access to gpp and the info file.  it
> looks nice - clean - but appears to have the same drawback, for my
> purposes, as mailcrypt.  it will decrypt messages encoded with a
> symmetric key, but provides no api for encrypting with a symmetric
> key.  that lack is a show-stopper for my purposes.

So you would consider switching to pgg, if it would provide an
interface to symmetric encryption?

> it may well be that pgg is preferable, somehow, to mailcrypt - they
> both offer similar functionality, including key caching, as well as
> the lack of an interface for encrypting with a symmetric key.  but the
> changeover won't gain me anything i can yet see - i'll still need to
> also use crypt++ for the symmetric key encoding.

The reason I asked is, that pgg is, just like allout, part of GNU
Emacs 22 -- so IMO it would be desirable to have the howl
functionality of allout "out of the box" with GNU emacs.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!