window-split-tree

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: window-split-tree
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:47:16 +0200

I sent a proposal for a new window-split-tree function to solve the
"fix bugs in balance-windows" part of this item in FOR-RELEASE:

** Make a new interface for specifying window configurations
so that we can fix bugs in balance-windows.

I understand that RMS want a more generic approach by changing the external
representation of saved window-configurations.  IMO that is overkill (and
much harder to test at this stage), so can't we just use the new function
_as_is_ (which Lennarth says is fine for his purpose), and get closer to the
release (rather than the opposite)...