Re: flyspell bug

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:31:24 -0400

    Rather I would do it in the top-level command loop, e.g.
    by saving the current window/buffer/frame before running
    the pre-command hook and compare them to the value after
    running the post-command-hook -- and run the appropriate
    hooks at that time.

    That way, e.g. set-buffer on its own won't run any unknown Lisp code.

I think it would be extremely confusing if switching windows to look
around in another buffer were likely to run some Lisp code.
It would make debugging very painful, if you could not look at buffers
without changing them.