Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:17:46 +0200

Christian Schlauer wrote:

I just have the feeling that most tooltips are so short so that they
can be read in 3 to 4 seconds. Displaying all tooltips for 10 seconds
just because there are some tooltips that are fairly long is not
perfect, IMO. How could this be solved? Personally I'd find it
acceptable to `re-trigger' a long tooltip (by moving the mouse off of
the `trigger element' and on it again) in order to be able to read the
rest of it, but maybe others find that this is bad style.
I would prefer something like having ESC remove the tooltip by default.

What about my other suggestion: changing `internal-border-width' of
`tooltip-frame-parameters' to 2 instead of 5? The genereous `padding'
Looks much better with 2 IMHO.