Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch (was: new version of allout.el - patc

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch (was: new version of allout.el - patch and ChangeLog)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:53:30 +0200

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:50:25PM -0400, Ken Manheimer wrote:
> On 10/3/05, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Enclosed you'll find my preliminary patch to make symmetric encryption
> > possible with pgg.
[...]
> > Ken, would something along this lines be sufficient for use with allout?
>
> sounds like it, yes!  i can't try it right now, but whether or not it
> works as is, if you're willing to continue ironing it out with me to
> get it working properly, i'll it to work with allout.

I'll try to find the time to make this a proper feature of pgg.  (I
also added the original author to the cc, so he might add his
thoughts)

Ken, please let me know if it works for you, and what features you are
missing.

One problem, though: pgg supports, besides gnupg, pgp and pgp5 -- I
don't have any version of pgp on my box, and I'm not willing to buy a
proprietary product to write these patches.  So, to make the symmetric
encryption feature work with these backends, I would need help by
people, who can tell me about the needed switches for pgp and test the
patches with different versions of pgp...

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "There are 10 types of people in the world.
             : Those who understand binary and those who don't."