Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:38:08 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I understand the scenario, but I am not sure what to do about it.
> Perhaps put the tooltip some distance up or down from the mouse
> position?  Would that be good?

Most applications put the tooltip below the mouse. The default for
tooltip-y-offset in Emacs is -10, which puts it above the mouse.
Maybe it is worth making the default something like 40 or even 50 (the
offset seems to be to the bottom edge of the tooltip), which puts the
tooltip a safe distance below the pointer.