Re: flyspell bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:41:15 +0200

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:35:27 -0400
"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

#> Do these changes give good results?

Not really. For some reason flyspell still does not notice
automatically when it needs to restart ispell because current buffer
uses different dictionary.

Anyway, I think it is important to apply your initial patch ASAP,
because flyspell not working with transient mode is much more annoying
than those minor problems with multi-language spellchecking.

In addition, there seem to be something seriously wrong with flyspell
mode, in particular with flyspell-buffer function. It doesn't check
the whole buffer anymore. It seems to work near the beginning, or when
buffer is short, but further down it does not mark words as
misspelled. flyspell-region has the same problem.

To reproduce, visit emacs/etc/MACHINES, M-x flyspell-buffer, go to end
of the buffer and notice that, for example, "Smail" isn't marked as
misspelled word. If you place the point over this word, flyspell will
mark it as misspelled.

Unfortunately I do not understand the code and so not have time right
now to track down this bug :( I also do not know when this bug was
introduced -- all I can say is that the version of CVS emacs that I
compiled on 2005-05-03 works fine.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy,
and good with ketchup