Re: flyspell bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:16:17 +0200

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:41:15 +0200
Slawomir Nowaczyk <address@hidden> wrote:

#> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:35:27 -0400
#> "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:
#>
#> #> Do these changes give good results?
#>
#> Not really. For some reason flyspell still does not notice
#> automatically when it needs to restart ispell because current buffer
#> uses different dictionary.

Ugh... scratch that... the current CVS code changes dictionaries
perfectly. My local emacs source, on which I tried to check your
change before, must have gotten corrupted somehow during my feeble
attempts to figure out what was the problem.

However, the bug described below is still present:

#> In addition, there seem to be something seriously wrong with flyspell
#> mode, in particular with flyspell-buffer function. It doesn't check
#> the whole buffer anymore. It seems to work near the beginning, or when
#> buffer is short, but further down it does not mark words as
#> misspelled. flyspell-region has the same problem.
#>
#> To reproduce, visit emacs/etc/MACHINES, M-x flyspell-buffer, go to end
#> of the buffer and notice that, for example, "Smail" isn't marked as
#> misspelled word. If you place the point over this word, flyspell will
#> mark it as misspelled.
#>
#> Unfortunately I do not understand the code and so not have time right
#> now to track down this bug :( I also do not know when this bug was
#> introduced -- all I can say is that the version of CVS emacs that I
#> compiled on 2005-05-03 works fine.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

COMMAND: A suggestion made to a computer.