Re: <Cyrillic_schwa> is undefined

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: <Cyrillic_schwa> is undefined
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:49:29 +0200

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 09:53:48PM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> (puthash #x68F (decode-char 'ucs #x04EE) x-keysym-table)

Great, thanks much!

The attached should add the symbols below (gzipped so that MTAs don't
recode it). I'm not sure whether I could encode it correctly, but it
seems to save files that I expect. Could you please correct it if
necessary and apply?

However, I still have a problem. The newly added characters are
displayed as rectangles under X (I have a fixed font containing those
glyphs, at least xterm shows them correctly).

Moreover, if I open an empty file, type, say, CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER A,
C-x RET c, utf-8 RET, C-x C-s, the file is saved in utf-8 and contains
0xd0 0x90, which seems to be correct. If I leave emacs, open the file
via C-x RET c, utf-8 RET, C-x C-f, name RET, the letter is displayed as
a rectangle.

Any idea? (We can take this to the user list, if you like).

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.

<U0492>     0x680         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER GHE WITH STROKE
<U049A>     0x682         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER KA WITH DESCENDER
<U04A2>     0x684         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER EN WITH DESCENDER
<U04AE>     0x685         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER STRAIGHT U
<U04B0>     0x686         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER STRAIGHT U WITH STROKE
<U04BA>     0x68a         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER SHHA
<U04D8>     0x68c         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER SCHWA
<U04E8>     0x68e         CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER BARRED O
<U0493>     0x690         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER GHE WITH STROKE
<U049B>     0x692         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER KA WITH DESCENDER
<U04A3>     0x694         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER EN WITH DESCENDER
<U04AF>     0x695         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER STRAIGHT U
<U04B1>     0x696         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER STRAIGHT U WITH STROKE
<U04BB>     0x69a         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER SHHA
<U04D9>     0x69c         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER SCHWA
<U04E9>     0x69e         CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER BARRED O