Re: Another Emacs icon

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Another Emacs icon
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:05:09 +0200

David PONCE wrote:

Hi All,

Attached you will find a new icon for Emacs.  This is just an idea, so
don't blame me for it, I am not an "artist" ;-)

There are two variants: with a transparent background (image names
with "-t" suffix), and with a light gray gradient background. Included
are 48x48 and 16x16 pixels images.  I can post the GIMP .xcf files if
needed.

These icons look nice on my KDE desktop ;-)

Sincerely,
David
These are on the web now, on http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html, together with the Gimp sources that David sent me. Look after David on the page.

They look very nice on w32 too. A very good finish. If you want to reveal some secrets about this, David, I would like to learn...

Personally I would like that kind of finishing on my suggestions with M-x. The small version Gian was kind to make for me is very good, but the 48x48 of my M-x picture does not at all have this nice finishing.