Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 21:54:40 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

      If so, then I think it is safe to fix that in a way of
      comparing their lengths before highlighting.

   That is _still_ a very unreliable heuristic.

For instance, in Bob's example file foo.texi, after the:

Here are three dots with the @@address@hidden@} on a filled line xxxxxxxxxxxxx
@dots{}

Paste in the extra text (separated by blank lines):

@verbatim
*****
*BOX*
*****
@end verbatim

run makeinfo on it and see how horribly badly this gets displayed in
`emacs -Q -nbc'

Not only is the ending ***** line not displayed, the *BOX* line in
displayed in a ridiculously large font.  The displayed stuff does not
even remotely resemble the intended box.  I do not believe that the
"fix" you proposed fixes this.

The standalone info gets this completely correct.  I also get it
correct with my .emacs file, which solidly corrects these types of
bugs in info.el (both the bugs in font and invisibility).

Sincerely,

Luc.