Re: Update filename history after several actions

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Update filename history after several actions
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:04:34 +0300

>> find-file-noselect has an argument NOWARN that probably ought to
>> be--but isn't actually--provided as t by Lisp programs that visit
>> files for their own reasons [...]
>
> Sorry for the random and semi-offtopic nitpick -- but wouldn't be NOUSER
> or NONINTERACTIVE or something along these lines be a less misleading
> name? NOWARN suggests a (related but) different purpose to me.

What about adding a new option with a list of command names compared
in `find-file-noselect' with `this-command' before adding a file name
to the history?  Every package (e.g. dired.el, recentf.el) could add
their own user-level command names to such a variable.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/