Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:54:20 -0500 (CDT)

Juri Linkov wrote (talking about my proposal to display subtitles _inside
the body of nodes_ the same way that the standalone Info reader does):

   I don't think that users who accustomed for many years in the released
   Emacs versions to see such titles post-processed in the Emacs Info
   reader will agree with this change.

Countless much more radical and more widespread changes to the
appearance of Info nodes have been made from 21.3 to the present Emacs
CVS.  Most of these changes did not fix any bugs.  What makes you
think that users would be so terribly upset with my change and not
with all these other much more radical and more widespread departures
of what they have been used to for years?

The titles that would "loose their highlighting" would still be
clearly (I personally even believe _more_ clearly, but that is a matter
of taste) recognizable as titles, because the underlining would no
longer be hidden.

Sincerely,

Luc.