Re: address@hidden: sit-for (detect_input_pending ?) and postfix input m

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: sit-for (detect_input_pending ?) and postfix input methods.]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:53:33 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Why take the risk of breaking currently working code this close
> (YMMV) to the release...?
>
> IMO, this is not the time for such a change in 22.x -- we know of
> one place (flyspell) that was affected by the present behaviuor and
> it has been fixed now.
>
> OTOH, you can install the change now on the unicode-2 branch for
> 23.x.

I think considering "unicode-2" as equivalent to "next release" not
really a good idea.  unicode-2 is not a substitute for a release fork
unless I am mistaken.  We have several branches, like multi-tty and
unicode-2, and I don't think it is completely obvious what exactly
will come after 22.1.  It won't make merging the branch easier, if all
kind of unrelated stuff gets put into it.