Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:40:18 +0100

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> AFAIK co-ordinates on W32 behave the same as on X, so your patch
> should be OK.  It is easy to confirm anyway.

OK, I've installed the patch, but as YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu pointed out,
it may not deal with the left fringe width - which might be an
explanation for the gx calculation being off by one, and possibly also
the explanation for why this patch does work as I expected.

As a reminder of what I expected it to fix, when investigating the
originally reported bug, I observed a lot of flickering of
mouse-highlight area on the modeline when the mouse was held over it.

Having investigated a similar problem on Windows, I remembered that I
had traced that problem to excessive mouse-move events being generated.

I fixed the problem on Windows and had investigated whether the same
problem existed on X since the code was the same, but at the time I
did not see the flickering so concluded that something was different
about X that I did not understand.