Re: Yet another emacs icons

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Yet another emacs icons
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:47:45 -0400

    > E-letter - vectorized gnu-horns from Luis Fernandes's GNU Emacs logo
    > http://www.ee.ryerson.ca:8080/~elf/emacs/logo/logo3.html

    Those icons look very professional. Well done, for me those are the best
    ones proposed until now.

I have to strain a little to see the E in the design, and strain very
much to see the gnu horns.  If I had not read that they were supposed
to resemble gnu horns, I would never have seen it.  As far as I can
tell, you have to look at the letter sideways to see it as horns.  Is
that right?

However, it may nonetheless be a good icon, if people will remember it
and know what it means.  I wish we could get the advice of someone
who knows more about this than we do.