Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:14:19 +0200

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

>> Below is a patch which does this, but I have only tested it on X.
>> Could somebody test it on W32 and MAC?
>
> I think it still has some off-by-one errors.

Thanks for finding the bugs in my code.
Does it still have errors with your changes?

In any case, I have committed changes to fix buffer positions in mouse
click events and mouse movement events in the margins, fringes and
scroll bars.

Now, marking text with the mouse seems to work alright when you drag
outside left/right borders of the text area.

> (The ON_SCROLL_BAR case still does not work well.)

Does it work better now?

> And again, if it is corrected, the problems 2.1 and 2.2 I said in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2005-06/msg00148.html
> will appear.
>
>> But the MAC version doesn't actually call "remember_mouse_glyph"
>> anywhere (it uses pixel_to_glyph_coords as the other versions used
>> to do) so I don't expect this to have any effect on the Mac...?
>
> The patch below adds "remember_mouse_glyph" calls.  Actually, a part
> of this patch is included in the patch in the above URL.

I think we should commit these patches -- and then address the 2.1 and
2.2 problems subsequently -- it is too hard to fix everything at once
(and keep patches synchronized).

I'll commit the current set of changes (but just the Mac-related
change to macterm.c that you included in your mail) tomorrow unless
anyone objects before then...