Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:43:44 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
>> I think this should be solved by making remember_mouse_glyph generic
>> for all platforms and handle all window parts sensibly (the old code
>> in glyph_rect had many problems).
>
> It would be an improvement in maintainability, as the code is
> basically the same.
>
> I tried your patch on Windows. It compiles and runs, but something is
> still not right. Using the trick of drawing last_glyph_rect on the
> screen, I see for example that the splash screen image's rect gets
> drawn below the splash screen (the top of the rect is aligned with the
> bottom of the actual image) when the mouse reaches the bottom left
> corner of the image.

I tried this as well, and indeed there were quite some problems also on X.

I have now fixed some more bugs in the window_from_coordinates
function which caused some of those problems, and using the "draw box"
trick, I think I've ironed out the remaning problems -- at least for
X, so I have installed (a revised version) of my changes, including
Mitsuharu's changes to macterm.c.

I left the debugging code (for X) in remember_mouse_glyph (in xdisp.c),
so if you have problems, pls. try to identify what's going wrong.
Feel free to add W32 and MAC specific versions of the debugging code
(look for XDrawRectangle).