Re: image size limit?

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: image size limit?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:40:08 +0200

For some image types, it is a simple matter of passing to the library
the limits Emacs wants to set.  For libpng, we could use
png_set_user_limits() to set our maximum width/height.  (libpng also has
a built-in default limit of 1 million pixels in both dimensions.)

For other libraries, the application can set the maximum amount of
memory to allocate, see for example libjpeg's `max_memory_to_use' and
`max_alloc_chunk'.

Getting things right for all image types will probably be tricky...

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | I just thought I'd go out
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | with a little bit more style.