Re: ATSUI support on Carbon Emacs

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: ATSUI support on Carbon Emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:24:49 +0100

On 12 Oct 2005, at 06:03, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

I don't find much difference.  Of course, there are some differences
in integral/fractional metrics, without/with typographical features
such as kerning.  Is the difference more than those?

No, not in terms of letter spacing. I've fallen victim to an optical illusion. It's the line-spacing that makes text appear more loose in other apps. Take a look at these screenshots. The enlarged image shows Emacs on the left, and TextEdit on the right.

Also, note that the first line is glued to the tool-bar, which doesn't look good at all.

(This is with a version from 10-10, apologies I haven't picked up any changes that affect this issue.)

PNG image

PNG image