Re: Difficulty with mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Difficulty with mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:39:57 -0400

>     IIRC, the code you removed was intended to make a double-click do the
>     normal action at point rather than following the link
>     (when mouse-1-click-follows-link != double-click).

> That is important.  Double-click of mouse-1 has a standard meaning,
> and the link-following feature is not supposed to interfere with it.

> Whether the old code succeeded in keeping double-click working right,
> I don't know.  But if it doesn't work correctly now, it needs to be
> fixed.

An alternative implementation which may fix the problem could look like:

After the first click, start a timer waiting for double-click-time and
add a pre-command-hook.  The timer just runs the mouse-2 binding.
The pre-command-hook will cancel the timer and depending on whether the
triggering event is a double-click or not, it will run the mouse-2 binding.

This way you avoid the problematic sit-for.  But it's pretty nasty code in
any case.

        Stefan