Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:10:44 -0400

    I don't agree. Only in Ediff-mode they are annoying, otherwise I find
    them just too big ;-)

If a substantial number of people find them annoying on the text
in Ediff mode, we could do a number of things:

1. Eliminate the help-echo properties on parts of diff hunks in
Ediff mode.

2. Set it up so that they only appear for the first 4 times
that the mouse is above such text in any given Ediff mode buffer.
(That way, they would be helpful, but once the user has seen
them a few times, they will get out of the way.)

#2 would require some C code, but it won't be very hard C code, so
that is not a major reason not to do this.