Re: Dedicated *Completions* frame iconified but not de-iconified

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Dedicated *Completions* frame iconified but not de-iconified
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:27:25 +0200

On Fri, Oct 14 2005, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>     After clicking on an alternative with the mouse iconifies the
>>     completions frame[1].  But the next time a completions buffer is
>>     generated, the completions frame is not de-iconified.  I think the
>>     frame should be made visible.
>
> Hmm... odd.  I've used a dedicated frame "for ever" and it pops right back
> up for me.

Hm, it might depend on the window manager.  I use fluxbox:

$ fluxbox -version
Fluxbox 0.9.14 : (c) 2001-2005 Henrik Kinnunen

When I try with plain twm, fvwm1 or blackbox, the frame is
de-iconified.  So it's probably a bug in fluxbox.

Could you point me to the relevant code in Emacs responsible for
de-iconifying the frame so that I can report to the fluxbox people?
Thanks.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,