Re: TUTORIAL.gz

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: TUTORIAL.gz
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:47:51 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Shouldn't we better enable auto-compression-mode temporarily if it is
switched off? I mean, if a site-wide installation (or distribution)
compresses stuff like tutorials and, more importantly, things like  NEWS,
then Emacs should load these files on request no matter whether  the user
has turned off auto-compression-mode. It would be seen as a  bug if it
didn't.

I don't think we should worry about this.

       Stefan
Can you explain why not?