Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or d

From: Eugene Vlasov
Subject: Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or directory
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:24:47 +0600

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:39:43PM -0400 Richard M. Stallman:

>     No, bad. Default value of ispell-dictionary-alist includes needed for
>     me "russian" dictionary. But after initialize spell checking with this
>     patch, i have in this list only english, canadian, british
>     dictionaries.

> That's what I designed it to do: to discard dictionaries for which it
> cannot get the data.
> So I don't see how this change could be bad.  How is it possible
> to use any dictionaries for which the data can't be obtained?

But I have russian dictionary in my system, and spell checking with
this dictionary worked, and I use it with default value of
ispell-dictionary-alist (I just remove calls of
(ispell-maybe-find-aspell-dictionaries)). So with this change spell
checking in emacs 22 stay broken for me.

Another workaround idea - may be define custom variable that disables
finding dictionaries if has value t?

WBR, Eugene Vlasov        mailto:eugvv at altlinux.ru
                          JID: address@hidden