Re: string-match case sensivity depends on case-fold-search buffer local

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: string-match case sensivity depends on case-fold-search buffer local value?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:09:00 +0200

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

Lennart Borgman wrote:

I am beeing disturbed by this sentence in the docstring for `string-match':

Case is ignored if `case-fold-search' is non-nil in the current buffer.

Is this really true?

I hope so, otherwise how could you specify that the match must be
case-sensitive or case-insensitive?  Now it can be done by let-
binding case-fold-search.

Thanks, but there is still something I do not understand. Why is "the current buffer" mentioned? I thought that maybe it could not be let-bound.