"flyspell-large-region: Can't check region..." error is still present in

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: "flyspell-large-region: Can't check region..." error is still present in some side situation
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:26:47 +0200

Hi,

I have noticed that error

flyspell-large-region: Can't check region...

is still present in some special situations, where flyspell-large-region is
called without ispell-check-version being called first.

That error was caused by the change in behavior of the aspell "-l" option,
and fixed by substituting "-l" by

(if ispell-really-aspell "list" "-l")

but sometimes ispell-really-aspell is always set to nil.

How to reproduce:
-----------------

Set ispell-program-name to aspell. Make sure you have an aspell dict for the
current locale.

$ emacs whatever

where "whatever" is a file large enough so flyspell-large-region is called,
and which has no ispell-local-dictionary definition in the Local Variables
section. Do not explicitely set ispell-local-dictionary by any means
(~/.emacs, Local variables or ispell-change-dictionary) before.

M-x flyspell-buffer
==> flyspell-large-region: Can't check region...

What prevents this problem to show up:
-----------------------------------

- Set ispell-local-dictionary in either the Local Variables section
  or ~/.emacs, or call ispell-change-dictionary to explicitely set it.
- Call any ispell command before (ispell-buffer, ispell-word)
- Call flyspell-word before or set flyspell-mode on.

all them calling internally ispell-check-version.

Seems that flyspell-large-region needs to make sure that
ispell-check-version is called.

[CC me on replies, I am not subscribed to emacs-devel list]

Cheers,

--
Agustin