Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:38:24 -0400

    Of course, I can add the new location to the load-path now, but I
    think the better solution would be if image-load-path would be
    initialized at run-time, or if there was some flexible way of
    specifying something like '(load-path "/images") in image-load-path.

I think initializing the default at run time would be a good
solution.  It doesn't make the usage of the feature any more
complicated.

The natural place to do it is in startup.el.  To make this cleaner, we
could add a facility called `at-startup' which would record a list of
expressions to be executed at startup, but do them immediately if
after startup.

(defmacro at-startup (&rest body)
  `(if too-late-already
       (progn . ,body)
     (setq before-init-hook
           (nconc before-init-hook ',(copy-sequence body))))
  nil)