[Bug] Unusual wide Chinese fonts on w32 (again)

From: Sun Yijiang
Subject: [Bug] Unusual wide Chinese fonts on w32 (again)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:59:48 +0800

I made a bug report and patch for this.  It's actually an undo of w32fns.c commit by Jason Rumney on 2005-01-03 (check src/ChangeLog for details).  The 2nd item of that ChangeLog entry is the cause of this problem.

I wonder why this has not been fixed yet, maybe he cannot make tests on his computer?  It's easy to verify: use `create-fontset-from-fontset-spec' to assign a font for chinese-gb2312 and you can see all Chinese chars is 4 times wide of ascii chars.

That's really a serious bug!  It's only on w32 and only appears with `create-fontset-from-fontset-spec'.  A simple undo can solve this problem, but maybe it's not the best way.  Anyway, I hope somebody can get it fixed.