Re: File modes facilities.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: File modes facilities.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:51:42 -0400

    Agreed.  I actually firmly believe that we should be able to provide
    elisp code for the interactive spec of a C function.
    This would also allow us to get rid of the load vs load-file distinction
    and to improve various other commands implemented in C where the minibuffer
    query only provides a fairly dull default.

It is a good idea for sometime later.
It would be possible to make one of load-file and load-library
be the same as `load', but we would still need two commands
for loading, since the motive for them is to have two different
ways of reading the argument.