Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:37:08 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's move it to files.el and rename it to
> directory-listing-before-filename-regexp
>
> Would you like to do it?

Done. Changed files are files.el, dired.el, dired-x.el, locate.el,
vc.el and ange-ftp.el.

locate.el and vc.el use local values of
directory-listing-before-filename-regexp. In locate.el it doesn't seem
to be noteworthy; it is derived from the default value.

vc.el uses its own regexp, which is similar to
directory-listing-before-filename-regexp. Bringing this case into
directory-listing-before-filename-regexp would require to change it to
a macro, which might not be desirable. Or am I too stupid to see how
to handle an empty vc-SYS-dired-state-info?

Best regards, Michael.