Re: New Emacs Icon and Tango

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: New Emacs Icon and Tango
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:13:24 +0900

2005/10/24, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden>:
> Actually, I was half joking, half serious -- we were talking about
> makeing an icon which expressed the essense of using Emacs -- so the
> happy face was an idea to let the icon express people's reaction to
> using emacs, rather than the program itself

It's a nice thought, but the happy face's reputation is unfortunately
quite tarnished these days, because of massive overuse in various
circles; it now conveys more an image of "low-rent trailerpark aol
user" than anything to do with happiness.  A shame, but ... anyway,
not something we should be associating ourselves with.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.