Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:02:07 +0200

23 okt 2005 kl. 23.54 skrev Jason Rumney:

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

I've checked in this change.  I hope it doesn't ruin the intent of
calling remember_mouse_glyph in the first place.

The if statement is clearly trying to avoid calling note_mouse_highlight
for every pixel of mouse movement, since that was the only substantial
code inside the if statement originally. Moving note_mouse_highlight
outside the if block is certainly ruining the intent of that code.

I don't understand what note_mouse_highlight has to do with being able
to click the mouse on a toolbar button. I think if you can find the
reason why note_mouse_highlight affects that, you will be led to the
real bug.

I think the intent was to avoid doing frame->mouse_moved = 1, and note_mouse_highlight just happened to be there also.

The reason is that showing the tip window generates an EnterNotify event that clears dpyinfo->mouse_face_window (sets to Qnil). note_mouse_highlight calls note_tool_bar_highlight and that function sets mouse_face_window again to the tool bar window. Later when checking if the click is in the tool bar, it is only recognised as a tool bar click if mouse_face_window is eq to the tool bar window.

Now, window managers are free to generate EnterNotify whenever they want and it seems that KDE generates one more than it used to, and also more than other window managers. This is not a bug however.

    Jan D.